There are things you need to do, and things that oneIgloo will do. Please feel free to contact oneIgloo if you have any questions. Note that some items on the "You should" list have long lead times; don't feel bound to follow the precise order given.
- Register a domain name. If you need assistance, contact oneIgloo.
- If desired or required, register your trade/service mark with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. (Even though you may self-submit your trade/service mark application, we definitely think that the assistance of an attorney from the very beginning could save time and money in the long run.)
- Review our "Assess Your Requirements" page to determine if oneIgloo is right for you.
- Have your developer(s)/programmer(s) review the list of software that oneIgloo makes available.
- If you don't yet have your web site materials, have the web pages and the artwork for your site developed by a web designer or a web design company.
- If you haven't already, contact oneIgloo to discuss your requirements and to intiate the sign-up process.
- Review oneIgloo's Policies. Please read this carefully. It is our contract with you.
- Identify desired oneIgloo services and provide information requested by oneIgloo.
- If you're using Windows, download SSH and SFTP clients. PuTTY provides SSH from a command line window. WinSCP provides a graphical user interface for transferring files between your computer and a remote computer. It has drag-and-drop capabilities.
- Using SCP or SFTP (see Using an SCP or SFTP Client), upload the files for your web site to the assigned oneIgloo server. We strongly recommend that you use SFTP or SCP, as oneIgloo may, in the future, disallow FTP.
- Assist you with any of the above items (or refer you to someone who can help).
- Assist you to obtain a signed SSL Certificate, if you have a requirement for secure transactions.
- Establish your account id.
- Configure DNS (Domain Name System) settings so that other people can find your web site.
- Configure the web server to respond to requests to view your site, and, for shared hosting plans, configure email and other requested services.
- If database setup is required, oneIgloo will work with your programmer(s) to accomplish this.
- Install any custom software, as required.
- Configure monitoring of your site.